Industry - Woodworking
Successfully serving industrial and commercial needs for over a century
Everyone interested in woodworking, from home hobbyists and craft enthusiasts to commercial manufacturers, needs the right tools. If you are a crafter looking for the right “soft tool” for a DIY job, or if you are looking for industrial woodworking products, Mednik Riverbend is the place for you! Our products can help set you apart from your competition or make your home projects shine.
Mednik Riverbend has been a leading supplier for the woodworking and furniture industries since 1930, and we have been able to develop great relationships with our partners over this time. We are the Midwest’s largest clothing and textile recycler, and we produce over 10 millions pounds of sustainable wiping materials per year. Our large selection of staining cloths gives you plenty of options to choose from to get the results you need. We have the right, best-quality cloth for staining wood, gluing, tacking and finishing.
The Right Rags for Staining Wood and All of Your Woodworking Needs
- Staining pads: A small terry towel or a lint-free knit wiping cloth folded into pads make a great staining cloth. The pad will hold the excess liquid and is absorbent enough to keep imperfections from forming on the wood surface. To ensure a smooth finish and less re-dipping into your canister of stain, do yourself a favor and take the time to prepare a good pad. Fold it neatly, avoiding as many odd edges as possible. It is important to note that staining pads soaked with stain, linseed oil, and/or solvents may catch fire if improperly discarded. To avoid this, immediately place the soaked pad in a sealed, water-filled metal container, and dispose of it in accordance with local fire regulations.
- Cheesecloth: 100% cotton cheesecloth is a great cloth for staining wood. Because it is a thinner material, it makes it easier for you to fill the wood grain and better cover your surface. Simply cut a piece about one yard in length, bunch it up or make it into a staining pad, and start wiping stain on the wood surface.
- Old school sustainable recycled white tee knits: Recycled, washed, white tees cut to wiper size are the perfect staining cloth. These are a great economical and sustainable alternative to regular wipers and can be washed and reused for years to come.
- 3110 MEWA: The 3110 MEWA is our top-of-the-line white cotton knit mill end. They are the preferred rag for staining wood for both home and commercial use: square cut, non-abrasive, pre-washed, with no seams. Its softness offers no-scratch detailing and the sustainable textile material makes it smooth enough for the perfect even application. This is the perfect staining cloth with no scraps or waste.
- Tack cloths: To ensure a smooth finish, use a tack cloth to prepare a dust-free surface after sanding, before painting, and between coats. Tack cloths are extremely sticky, so it is best to wear gloves and unfold the product to get the most out of the cloth. We offer a nice selection of standard tack cloths in poly-bagged individuals, bulk, or economy roll for bigger jobs.
Reach out to Mednik Riverbend
Whether you are a hobby woodworker or it is your entire livelihood, you need the right tools for the job. Let Mednik Riverbend help you find the best tools for you or your business.